The glass used to produce glass fiber is different from the glass of other glass products. Fiberglass Screening Supplier introduces the composition and properties of fiberglass in Fiberglass Insect Screen. The glass components currently used in commercial fibers in the world are as follows:
1. E-glass Also known as alkali-free glass, it is borosilicate glass. At present, it is the most widely used glass component for glass fiber. It has good electrical insulation and mechanical properties. It is widely used in the production of glass fiber for electrical insulation. It is also widely used in the production of fiberglass for glass reinforced plastic. Its disadvantage is that it is easy to be Inorganic acid is eroded and therefore not suitable for use in an acidic environment.
2. C-glass is also known as medium-alkali glass, which is characterized by chemical resistance, especially acid resistance, superior to alkali-free glass, but poor electrical properties, mechanical strength is lower than that of alkali-free glass fiber by 10% to 20%, usually in foreign countries. Alkali glass fibers contain a certain amount of boron trioxide, while China's medium alkali glass fibers are completely free of boron.
3. High-strength glass fiber is characterized by high strength and high modulus. Its single fiber tensile strength is 2800MPa, which is about 25% higher than that of alkali-free glass fiber. The elastic modulus is 8600MPa, which is better than the strength of E-glass fiber. high. The FRP products produced by them are mostly used in military, space, bulletproof armor and sports equipment.
4. AR glass fiber, also known as alkali-resistant glass fiber, was mainly developed to enhance cement.
5. E-CR glass is an improved boron-free alkali-free glass for the production of acid-resistant and water-resistant glass fiber. Its water resistance is 7-8 times better than that of alkali-free glass fiber. It has many advantages and is a new variety developed for underground pipelines and storage tanks.
6. D glass Also known as low dielectric glass, it is used to produce low dielectric glass fibers with good dielectric strength.
If you want to know more about Fiberglass Insect Screen, please follow our website.